The Academy of Management (AOM) is a global community of management and organization scholars, students, and practitioners who are dedicated to creating and disseminating knowledge. We believe that improving organizations through better management practices will lead to a brighter future for society on a global scale.
Those who are active in the management field, whether they are an academic, student, or practitioner are welcome to become an AOM member.
Did you know…
- Academics, students, and executives can all become members. Retired members with ten consecutive years of membership are eligible to become Emeritus members.
- As a member, you have access to our Career Services Center and networking opportunities at our Annual Meeting.
- A membership includes the opportunity to join two of our Divisions and Interests Groups (DIGs). An additional DIG or DIGs can be added at a nominal cost.
- Members can communicate with other members in the field of management via Connect, AOM’s online community.
Benefits of an AOM membership include:
- Staying informed through online access to AOM journals, including e-subscriptions to our Academy of Management Annals, Academy of Management Discoveries, and to our newsletter, AcadeMY News
- Expanding your network and advancing your career through membership in two of AOM’s twenty-six Divisions and Interest Groups
- Accessing our Member Directory
- Being eligible to attend the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management—the world’s largest annual gathering of management scholars.
- Accessing ethics and teacher resources through videos, blogs, and libraries on Connect@AOM
- Being eligible to volunteer for and participate in recognition opportunities
- Student members can join the Doctoral Student Development Program and access the advanced research methods videos developed through CARMA, the Consortium for the Advancement of Research Methods and Analysis.
Becoming a member of AOM will help shape your future by advancing your knowledge, connections, and career through our vast network and resources. Help us to shape the future of management research and education by joining today!
Start connecting with a global network of management scholars and leaders today!
Ways to Get Involved:
Ways to Get Involved:
- Update your AOM Profile with your social media handles, education and work history and expertise so that fellow members can know more about you and reach out to share similar interests
- Explore our Journals and Publications' more than 56,000 articles
- Read AOM Insights, including summaries of AOM research, infographics and videos for practical and educational uses
- Attend one of AOM's many events:
- Visit your Divisions and Interest Group website and community
- Find fellow colleagues through AOM's Member Directory