Proceedings and Best Papers Information
The 2021 Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings is now available. The Proceedings includes the abstracts of all accepted papers and symposia as well as abridged versions of the program’s “Best Papers” (top 10%) as designated by the division Program Chairs. The abridged (6-page) format is used because publication of papers at their full length would preclude subsequent journal publication. The abridged papers will be available only to conference registrants of the Academy of Management Annual Meeting through 31 October 2021. Download the Proceedings submission guidelines for best paper authors.
As a matter of business practice, the Academy of Management does not consider papers published in the Academy’s Proceedings to be prepublished. We trust that the full length manuscript will vary a great deal from the condensed Proceedings version and we will, therefore, agree to review manuscripts of this kind. Also, the Academy of Management does not consider papers published in the Proceedings of other associations to be prepublished provided that: a) what has appeared in print is a shortened version of the paper and not a full length manuscript and b) the author is able to convey rights to the paper to the Academy of Management and is not precluded from doing so by a previous agreement.
As a matter of policy, all authors submitting papers to the Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings must agree to the terms of the Copyright Transfer Agreement. Submitted papers without the Copyright Transfer Agreement will NOT be published. After a paper is accepted for publication in the Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings, the Academy of Management grants to the author(s) the following rights:
- The right to make and distribute copies of all or part of the paper for the Author(s) own use in teaching, research or for internal distribution within the institution/company that employs the Author(s) provided that such copies are not resold.
- The right to use and publish, after release of the Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings, all or part of the material from the paper in any original or derivative work.
Many publishers, including AOM, do not consider Proceedings articles to be pre-published. As stated in the AOM Copyright Transfer Agreement, authors have the right to use and publish, after the release of the Annual Meeting Proceedings, all or part of the materials from the paper in any original or derivative work. However, the Academy of Management recommends that prospective authors consult with editors of the journals to which they plan to submit in order to understand the journal’s specific policy on pre-publication in a conference Proceedings. The responsibility for confirming a publisher’s pre-publication policy resides with the author.
See the Proceedings FAQs for more information.
- 11 January: Submission Deadline
- 20 January-17 February: Review Period
- Early March: Registration opens
- Late March: Paper and Symposium Decisions announced
- Late May/Early June: Online Program opens
- 5-9 August: Annual Meeting