Employers: In order to purchase an ad or table for the upcoming Annual Meeting, you must first create an employer account to begin.
Connects employers to the brightest, most qualified candidates in the job pool, and provides job seekers access to some of the most prestigious academic opportunities!
Our onsite Career Center team offers services that make job recruitment easy, efficient, and affordable, including hosting the interview process. For job seekers, whether you're a seasoned academic looking to advance your career or a PhD student looking for their first job, this is a great opportunity to take control of your career and find that perfect position!
(In Chicago 2018 we had over 100 schools conducting 600+ interviews, and 2019 promises to be even bigger!)
79th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management
August 9-13, 2019 -- Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Career Center Activities - Boston Marriott Copley Place
|Job Seeker Tips & Information -
- Create your job seeker account and profile.
- Registration for the annual meeting is required in addition to having a job seeker account.
- Indicate in your profile that you will be attending the conference. This ensures the conference logo will appear next to your profile name once the Career Center officially opens on May 15th and employers will then know you'll be there.
- Open positions that display the Academy meeting logo beginning May 15th will have representatives onsite.
- Many recruiters post the bulk of their positions in June and July so be patient and keep watching for new positions as they get posted.
- Be proactive and arrange for an onsite interview in advance.
- Walk-in appointments are not available, so be sure you have a pre-set appointment.
- Bring copies of your CV or resume. On-site printing is limited.
- Onsite Placement staff is available from 8 am-5 pm daily to help answer questions and guide you with interview advice.
- Interviews typically last approximately 30 minutes, so plan accordingly. Each interview room will host between 9 and 15 schools at individual tables.
- It's not an acceptable policy to speak with other recruiters in the room unless you have a pre-scheduled appointment with them.
||Employer/Recruiter Tips & Information -
- After May 15th, place an ad on our website and purchase an interview table (suites are unavailable).
- Register for the annual meeting through the main registration page.
- Reserve your housing either through our reserved block of rooms or at your own convenience.
- Search our applicant pool and reach out to job seekers registered to attend the meeting who will have the conference logo in their profile.
- Set your interview schedule. The only item provided will be your assigned table designation. Interview tables are 4x2. It is recommended that no more than 2 recruiters be at a table to avoid overwhelming applicants.
- Our Career Services Manager will provide you with an interview table # prior to the meeting (mid to late July).
- School banners and literature are welcome. Please take all materials after you complete your final interview, as any left behind will be discarded on Tuesday.
- Conduct all interviews in the designated Career Services area. Hotel rooms are inappropriate settings for conducting interviews.
- Interview rooms will be available from Friday through Monday from 8am - 8pm; and Tuesday 8am - noon. Be sure to schedule your last interview no later than 11:30 am on Tuesday.
To assist our international registrants with travel to the U.S. to attend the 79th Annual Meeting, the Academy provides either a Registration Letter or Program Participation Letter, both of which indicate the expected level of participation at the meeting. The Registration Letter confirms you are registered to attend; the Program Participation Letter is only available to individuals listed on the Annual Meeting Program as a speaker or presenter. The Program Participation Letter will be available once the online program has been completed (mid-April 2019).
To access either letter you must first be registered for the meeting, then simply visit your AOM Member Profile
and click on the 'Annual Meeting Profile'
tab. Scroll down the page and click on the "Registration Letter" or "Program Participation Letter" button. This will direct you to a page with your requested letter where you have the option to print. You will only have access to a specific letter type if you meet the above criteria. The Academy of Management does NOT provide letters for guests. Additional detailed visa information is provided on our website here.
Anyone with ADA needs please contact email@example.com